We have know we were having a baby girl for 20 weeks now and have had such a hard time on picking out the name. When we were first told that Jaxson was a girl his/her name was going to be Mackenzie. Obviously Jaxson is a boy so we did not use that name. When we found out this time we were having a girl I assumed it would be Mackenzie, but it did not seem to fit. Then we decided Addison would be the name. So we started calling her Addison, that name did not seem perfect either. We threw out a couple more names, but nothing was exactly right. I had plenty of boy names and had to convince Brandon last time, so when this baby arrived I told him he had to be the one to decide. I obviously had veto power, but I needed his help. He finally decided Madison. The main reason we choose Madison over Addison is that her Initials would be MJB in honor of my dad. So she became Madison Jacque Best (MJB). I also wanted Jacquelyn but Brandon had a strong opinion on that saying that is was not my mom's name so we stuck with just Jacque not Jacquelyn.


This is the only picture has of my dad on his computer, so it is old but it will do. I love both of my parents and am glad that we can honor them with our childrens names. My mom is the most wonderful person and I just hope that Madison and I can have even half of good of relationship as I do with my Mom. I look up to her so much. I decided the other day that I love my mom so much but not only that I really like her. This may sound funny but in my mind it made sense. I want my friends to meet my mom, I enjoy spending time with her. I look forward to talking to her. She really is my best friend. I hope that some day I can be more like her and that my daughter can look up to me even with half of what I see in my mother. Thank you for giving me life and teaching me so much. You have been a great example and I love you.
beautiful, beautiful baby and the perfect name to match!
ReplyDeleteI love her name, and what a great way to honor your parents :) I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! We are thrilled for the arrival of such a special baby girl. Love the name and the honor given to your parents.
ReplyDeleteYou are loved!